Support the work here
by making a donation. Thank you!
may the space between where you are and
where you want to be inspire you.
Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out Soulrise Movement and what it's all about. Please watch the video above to understand my vision and mission.
My name is Kate and I am the founder of Soulrise Movement. I started teaching yoga in 2014 which propelled into a deep passion for bettering myself on all levels (mind, body, and soul). Learning how to not let my limitations get in my way became a mission (and it is still a mission!) I attended trainings, workshops and received a lot of energy healing, joined a mentorship training, and I engaged in a lot of self-study on becoming the best version of myself so that I could teach others how to do the same. I am still learning everyday and I always will be. In my deep exploration I found the following things to be true;
1. All humans experience some degree of suffering, often caused by their own thoughts and habits.
2. Many people are suffering quietly and are in fear of what others will think.
3. Modern society plays a huge role in contributing to our suffering,
4. There are simple tools and techniques we can practice to reduce and potentially remove our suffering.
5. If people started to own their shit more, get real, and be honest and vulnerable rather than be driven by pride, ego, false expectations, etc. the world would be a better place.
6. There are simple ways to live with more purpose and intention and to live a more joyful life.
7. You can live and feel better by just learning to breathe properly.
8. You can have emotions without feeling guilty! (i.e. anger, sadness, etc.) You should slow down and feel those emotions rather than judge yourself for having them.
9. You can write your own rules! You don't need to prescribe to societal standards, your families standards. etc. In fact, I encourage you to unsubscribe!
10. Many people are disconnected from their true selves, their soul purpose, and their loved ones. They are distracted, numb, and using avoidances to deal with stress and struggle. This world needs people to wake up and realize their true potential.
11. Yoga is not only for skinny flexible people! Medias portrayal of yoga can be false and intimidating. Yoga is for EVERYONE. If you can breathe you can do yoga.
A combination of these realizations combined with my passion to help people, my knowledge, and sincere desire to become an entrepreneur and Soulrise Movement was born!
About me personally; I live in Truckee, CA (North Lake Tahoe), I love being with my friends & family, cooking, live music, dancing, music festivals, camping, traveling, being outside (especially in WATER, hot springs, lakes, oceans, rivers, etc.) One of my greatest talents is my ability to do accents; I have several alter-egos, the best one is Ginger (a Jewish widow from the Bronx). Someday I will do stand-up comedy. I like to dabble in the arts; painting, drawing, mixed media. My world revolves around my sweet beagle Penny Lane. When I'm not teaching yoga and working on Soulrise Movement I work at an amazing wine bar in Tahoe called Uncorked, come find me. If you want to know more then hit me up, I would love to meet you!